Establishing efficient resource storage and management in ARK: Survival Evolved is crucial for maintaining a well-organized base and ensuring you have the necessary materials for crafting, taming, and other activities. Here are some tips to help you establish effective resource storage and management:
1. Storage Containers: Utilize different types of storage containers to categorize and store your resources. Here are some common storage options:
- Storage Boxes: Crafted from thatch, wood, or metal, storage boxes are the basic storage units for various resources. Use them to store smaller quantities of commonly used items.
- Large Storage Boxes: These provide greater storage capacity than regular storage boxes and can hold larger quantities of resources.
- Preserving Bins and Refrigerators: Use these structures to preserve perishable resources, such as raw meat, vegetables, and berries. Preserving Bins are suitable for short-term preservation, while Refrigerators offer longer-term storage with powered electricity.
- Smithy and Fabricator: These crafting stations have built-in storage slots that can be used to store commonly used materials, such as metal ingots, cementing paste, and electronics.
2. Categorization and Organization: Organize your storage containers in a way that facilitates easy retrieval of resources. Consider the following:
- Resource Grouping: Group similar resources together. For example, store all types of wood, thatch, and fiber in one container, while keeping metal, stone, and crystal in another.
- Labeling or Signage: Use signs or labels to mark each storage container, indicating the type of resources stored inside. This helps you quickly locate specific resources when needed.
- Sorting System: Arrange your storage containers in a logical order. For example, place containers holding building materials near the crafting stations, while containers with food and cooking ingredients can be placed near cooking facilities.
3. Resource Stockpiling: Maintain a stockpile of essential resources to ensure a steady supply for your needs. Here are some key resources to consider stockpiling:
- Building Materials: Stockpile common building materials like wood, thatch, stone, and metal ingots for construction and repairs.
- Food and Water: Ensure you have a steady supply of food and water stored, especially for longer expeditions or during emergencies.
- Crafting Ingredients: Gather and store essential crafting ingredients such as fiber, hide, polymer, cementing paste, and organic polymer for crafting various items and structures.
- Taming Supplies: Stock up on taming supplies like narcotics, berries, and meat to support your creature taming endeavors.
- Fuel and Electricity: Store fuel sources like gasoline, batteries, or element shards to power your generators, electrical systems, and Tek structures.
4. Expansion and Expansion Planning: As your base grows, plan for future expansion and storage needs. Consider the following:
- Expand Storage Capacity: Continually assess your storage requirements and build additional storage containers or upgrade to larger storage options as needed.
- Separate High-Value Resources: Consider creating a separate storage area or vault for high-value items, such as artifacts, breeding creatures, or rare blueprints, to provide extra protection and security.
- Manage Weight and Load: Be mindful of the weight distribution within your storage containers and the load on your structures. Avoid overburdening structures or containers to maintain stability.
5. Resource Management Tools: Consider using additional tools and structures to aid in resource management:
- Smithy and Fabricator Inventories: Utilize the inventory slots in the Smithy and Fabricator to store frequently used resources or crafting ingredients for easy access during crafting.
- Dedicated Crafting Structures: Set up dedicated crafting structures, such as forges or chemistry benches,and allocate specific resources to each station to streamline the crafting process and prevent inventory clutter.
Establishing efficient resource storage and management will save you time and effort in locating and accessing the resources you need. With a well-organized system in place, you can focus on your adventures, crafting projects, and base development in ARK: Survival Evolved.