Installing and managing mods in ARK: Survival Evolved allows players to customize their gameplay experience by adding new content, features, and customization options. This documentation provides a step-by-step guide on how to install and manage mods effectively in ARK.
Accessing the Steam Workshop #
Most mods for ARK: Survival Evolved are available through the Steam Workshop. To access the Steam Workshop:
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Go to the “Library” tab and search for “ARK: Survival Evolved.”
- Click on the game’s title to open the game’s Steam page.
- On the game’s Steam page, navigate to the “Workshop” section.
Browsing and Subscribing to Mods #
In the Steam Workshop for ARK: Survival Evolved, you can browse and search for mods that interest you. Here’s how to find and subscribe to mods:
- Use the search bar or browse through the different categories to find mods of your choice.
- Click on a mod’s thumbnail to access its detailed page.
- Read the mod’s description, check user reviews, and view screenshots or videos to get an idea of its features and quality.
- To subscribe to a mod, click the “Subscribe” button on the mod’s page. The mod will be added to your Steam account’s subscriptions.
Installing Mods #
After subscribing to mods, you need to download and install them. Here’s the process:
- Launch ARK: Survival Evolved.
- On the main menu, click on “Mods” to access the mod manager.
- The mod manager will display a list of all subscribed mods.
- Click the “Install” button next to each mod to download and install it. The progress bar will indicate the installation status.
- Wait for the installation to complete for each mod.
Activating Mods #
Once the mods are installed, you need to activate them to use them in the game. Here’s how to activate mods:
- In the mod manager, ensure that the checkbox next to each mod is checked to activate it.
- Arrange the mods in the desired load order by dragging and dropping them within the mod manager.
- Mods higher in the load order will take precedence over mods lower in the order, so consider any mod dependencies or conflicts.
- Click “Back” to return to the main menu.
Managing Mods #
To manage mods in ARK: Survival Evolved, use the mod manager. Here are some management options:
- Mod Order: Adjust the load order of mods by dragging and dropping them within the mod manager. Consider mod dependencies and conflicts when arranging the order.
- Mod Details: Click on a mod in the manager to view its details, including the description, author information, and any configuration options.
- Unsubscribing: To unsubscribe from a mod, visit the Steam Workshop page for the mod and click the “Unsubscribe” button. It will no longer be available in your mod manager.
Updating Mods #
Mod creators may release updates to their mods with bug fixes, improvements, or new features. To update mods:
- Launch ARK: Survival Evolved and access the mod manager.
- The mod manager will indicate if updates are available for your subscribed mods.
- Click the “Update” button next to each mod with an available updateto download and install the latest version.
Removing Mods #
If you no longer wish to use a mod or need to troubleshoot issues, you can remove mods from your game. Here’s how to remove mods:
- Access the mod manager in ARK: Survival Evolved.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to the mod you want to remove to deactivate it.
- Click the “Uninstall” button to remove the mod from your game.
- If you want to completely remove a mod from your Steam account, visit the Steam Workshop page for the mod and click the “Unsubscribe” button.
Mod Compatibility and Conflicts #
When using multiple mods, it’s essential to consider compatibility and potential conflicts. Here are some considerations:
- Mod Dependencies: Some mods may require other mods to be installed or loaded first. Check the mod descriptions or documentation for any dependencies.
- Conflicting Mods: Certain mods may conflict with each other due to overlapping changes or functionalities. Be cautious when activating mods that may conflict and consider the load order to prioritize one mod over another if conflicts arise.
- Game Updates: Mod compatibility can be affected when ARK: Survival Evolved receives updates. Some mods may require updates from their creators to be compatible with the latest game version.
If you encounter issues with mods in ARK: Survival Evolved, consider the following troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that mods are up to date. Check the Steam Workshop for any available updates for your subscribed mods.
- Verify mod compatibility with the current version of ARK: Survival Evolved. Some mods may not be compatible with the latest game version.
- Disable or remove mods one by one to identify any conflicts causing issues.
- Check the mod creator’s documentation or the mod’s Steam Workshop page for troubleshooting guidance or known issues.
Remember that mods are created by third-party developers and may have varying levels of compatibility, stability, and support. Be cautious when installing and using mods and always back up your game files before making significant changes.
By following these guidelines for installing and managing mods in ARK: Survival Evolved, you can customize your gameplay experience and explore exciting new content created by the modding community. Enjoy the enhanced features and possibilities that mods bring to the game!