The TeamSpeak 3 client interface provides various features and options to enhance your communication experience on the platform. This documentation will guide you through the different components of the client interface, enabling you to navigate and make the most out of your TeamSpeak 3 client.
1. Server Connection Area #
The server connection area is located on the left side of the client interface. It displays the list of servers you have connected to or bookmarked. You can expand or collapse server entries to view the available channels and users within each server.
- To expand or collapse a server entry, click on the arrow icon next to the server name.
- To bookmark a server for quick access, right-click on the server entry and select “Add to Bookmarks.”
2. Channel and User Lists #
The channel list is located in the middle of the client interface. It displays the hierarchy of channels within the selected server. You can navigate through the channel structure to find specific channels or create new ones.
- To join a channel, double-click on its name in the channel list.
- To view the users in a channel, click on the arrow icon next to the channel name to expand the user list.
- To switch between different channels, simply double-click on the desired channel name.
3. Chat Window #
The chat window is located at the bottom of the client interface. It allows you to communicate with other users through text messages.
- To send a message, type it in the input field at the bottom of the chat window and press Enter.
- You can send messages to the entire channel or to specific users by using their nicknames in the message.
- To view previous chat messages, scroll up in the chat window.
4. Toolbar #
The toolbar is located at the top of the client interface and provides quick access to various functions and settings.
- The “Connect” button allows you to connect to a server by entering the server address, port, and password.
- The “Disconnect” button disconnects you from the current server.
- The “Settings” button opens the settings dialog where you can configure client preferences.
- The “Tools” menu provides access to additional tools and features such as file transfers, sound packs, and hotkeys.
5. User Details and Actions #
You can interact with individual users through their details and actions available in the client interface.
- To view user details, right-click on a user’s name and select “User Info.” This displays information such as nickname, unique identifier, and connection details.
- Right-clicking on a user’s name also opens a context menu with various actions, including whispering, poking, or muting the user.
By understanding and familiarizing yourself with the different components of the TeamSpeak 3 client interface, you can effectively navigate through servers, channels, and user interactions. The server connection area, channel and user lists, chat window, toolbar, and user details and actions provide you with the necessary tools to communicate and collaborate with others on the platform. Take advantage of these features to enhance your TeamSpeak 3 experience.