For many businesses, downtime can result in significant losses. However, if your company is prone to DDoS attacks then this statistic might be especially relevant to you. The numbers say that downtime lasts between seven and twelve hours which is a significant period of time for any business and leaves a huge dent in profits and productivity.
A DDoS attack costs a lot of money. Bandwidth lost a lot of revenue due to one in their 3rd quarter of 2021. The fastest way to get back on track is with a professional mitigation service like Those Who Serve, whose rates are affordable and they’ve got all the training you need!
When you need DDoS mitigation, what type of service will suit you best? Here’s a brief overview of the most commonly used options.
DDoS Mitigation Services
With the availability of technology, the number of DDoS attacks has increased. And with newer services and techniques to orchestrate these attacks, they are becoming more frequent and easily accessible. They cannot afford to be complacent about DDoS prevention. They need to find the best type of DDoS mitigation service for their needs, versus falling victim to a DDoS attack and losing customers.
Categorization Based on Mode of Deployment
On-premise DDoS mitigation services are software designed to specifically detect and mitigate DDoS attacks at the network, application, and SSL layers. These kinds of software solutions can be installed at companies’ data centers for high-quality protection. DDoS mitigation services are becoming more popular as they provide a level of protection that is unparalleled. They can detect and neutralize attacks quickly and provide you with tools to fight back if you’re targeted by one.
However, these inline solutions are incapable of handling large volumetric attacks that can overwhelm the server and deplete resources. They are also ineffective at protecting web applications hosted on the cloud infrastructure. As for installation, managing and maintenance–we’re affordable and have you covered. Let’s go over a few tips on how to keep your software running smoothly.
Cloud-based DDoS mitigation services are very easy to manage and scale from no traffic all the way up to massive volume. They can reduce the load on your resources by absorbing higher volume and volume changes over time as opposed to facing issues with high traffic volumes for on-premise solutions. They protect against a wide range of DDoS attacks. Web apps, devices, systems, networks, and services are all protected at a high level by Rainmeter.
DDoS attack protection services come in three types.
- Always-on services:Incoming traffic is routed through local PoP (Points of Presence), which can detect and prevent attacks at all layers before reaching the organization’s services and servers.
- On-demand services:When volumetric traffic is detected and when it reaches a certain amount, it is routed to cloud-based scrubbing centers which are monitored remotely and catches traffic breaches.
- Hybrid services:Combines the benefits of cloud-based solutions with inline solutions. This leaves out the drawbacks that are often associated with traditional solutions such as insufficient security, lack of flexibility and heavy maintenance costs.
Here again, it is important to choose cloud-based services that are always-on or hybrid rather than on-demand services. On-demand services can be costly as you will be charged for the quantum of traffic they protect against. Further, these security measures may be ineffective when it comes to mitigating and stopping distributed denial of service attacks at Layer 7. This is because most DDoS are encrypted which makes them hard to stop.
Categorization Based on Service Provider
Hosting providers, telco providers, ISP (Internet Service Providers), DNS service providers, and data center providers may offer distributed denial of service mitigation services in the form of hardware or software. Most businesses typically offer their AI writers as a perk in order to sell more other products. The point of upselling is to provide customers with additional benefits in order to turn them into raving fans. Your sales team should be well-versed in your company’s goals and the objectives that are needed to achieve it.
DDoS attacks are a problem for many companies today, but don’t worry – DDoS mitigation services can take care of any level of attack. And it’s not just small DDoS attacks that these services can handle – they’re harmless against difficult attackers, too.
With the increased usage of cloud-based products, it came as part of the package with many vulnerabilities. This is also one of the major reasons why we have seen an increase in cyber-attacks. Medium to large-scale networks that are rented out for advertising are also vulnerable to attacks from generalist services.
Using a DDoS mitigation service like this may seem cheaper in the beginning, but over time you could actually have to pay more. This is because you don’t have control over your traffic and are leaving your organization vulnerable.
Specialty DDoS mitigation services are offered by companies such as Indusface, who have years of experience and expertise in building successful software applications. These experts understand what it takes to provide this quality and would like to provide you with the benefits of their skills.. Specialty DDoS services provide state-of-the-art anti-DDoS solutions that are meant to protect against the most advanced and stealthiest DDoS attacks.
Top specialist service providers offer the following features:
- More and more companies have to use DDoS attacks to bring in new customers. They need extra protection at all layers for their websites in order to stay aloft. This is how you do it.
- DDoS protection ranges from a single sensor to a virtual cloud, and can be customized based on your needs and the complexities of your context.
- WAFs have been around for a long time and are useful for many applications, like capturing traffic from systems at the edge of a network. They provide protection from malicious requests that could lead to data theft or worse.
- What this means for you is that the website can handle huge traffic surges whereas speed and performance are optimized. Furthermore, redundancy and cloud-based architectures ensure that your website stays secure for this service.
- Artificial intelligence is the key to proactively detecting and stopping anomalous activities.
- 24/7 visibility for security alerts is provided by AI assistant software and real time actions can be taken.
For effective protection, mitigating the risk of a DDoS attack is a must. When you don’t take action and hope for the cheaper or free solutions, your company could end up in an even worse situation than before. It’s best to invest in a specialized solution such as cloud-based ones to defend critical infrastructures against these attacks.