The Pterodactyl Panel is a powerful game server management panel that allows you to easily add and manage game servers on your infrastructure. Adding a server to the Pterodactyl Panel involves configuring the server details and its associated node. Once added, you can effectively manage and control your game servers. This documentation provides a detailed guide on adding and managing servers in the Pterodactyl Panel.
Before you begin adding and managing servers in the Pterodactyl Panel, ensure you have the following prerequisites:
- Access to a running instance of the Pterodactyl Panel.
- Game server files or installation files for the server you wish to add.
- Basic knowledge of server administration and game server management.
Adding a Server #
Follow these steps to add a game server to the Pterodactyl Panel:
a. Server Configuration #
- Log in to the Pterodactyl Panel.
- From the dashboard, navigate to the “Servers” tab.
- Click on the “Create” button to begin adding a new server.
- Fill in the required server details, such as the server name, description, and game.
- Specify the server limits, such as RAM, CPU, and disk space.
- Configure additional settings, such as startup command, startup type, and server visibility.
b. Node Configuration #
- Configure the node settings for the server. Nodes represent the physical or virtual machine on which the server will run.
- Enter the node name, location, and resource limits.
- Specify the connection details, such as the IP address, SSH port, and authentication details.
- Save the server and node configuration.
Managing Servers #
Once you have added a server to the Pterodactyl Panel, you can manage it efficiently using various tools and features provided by the panel.
a. Server Management #
- From the Pterodactyl Panel dashboard, navigate to the “Servers” tab.
- Click on the server you wish to manage.
- Here you can start, stop, restart, or reinstall the server using the buttons provided.
- View server information, such as resource usage, status, and connection details.
b. Server Console #
- Access the server console by clicking the “Console” button on the server management page.
- The console allows you to send commands directly to the server and view the server’s console output in real-time.
c. Server Files #
- To access the server files, click on the “File Manager” button on the server management page.
- The file manager provides an interface to navigate and modify the server’s files and directories.
- You can upload files, create directories, edit configuration files, and manage server files effectively.
d. Server Settings #
- Modify server settings by clicking on the “Settings” tab on the server management page.
- Here you can configure various server-specific settings, such as startup command, environment variables, and server limits.
- Make the necessary changes and save the settings to apply them to the server.
Adding and managing servers in the Pterodactyl Panel is a straightforward process that allows you to have full control over your game servers. By following the steps outlined in this documentation, you can add new servers, configure server details and nodes, and efficiently manage your game servers using the Pterodactyl Panel. Explore the various tools and features provided by the panel to streamline your server management tasks. If you encounter any issues or require further assistance, refer to the official Pterodactyl documentation or seek support from the Pterodactyl community.