If we weren’t able to identify connection issues with your pathping or traceroute results, we may ask you to run a WinMTR test. Because this test requires the use of a 3rd-party program, we will only ask for it during special cases. Follow the steps below to perform this test.
- Download WinMTR https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder, then open the folder that matches your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) and run WinMTR.exe.
- Enter the IP address you want to test in the Host field. This will be the IP of the service you’re diagnosing.
- Note: If multiple IPs are listed, run a WinMTR test for each IP address.
- Click Start, then launch the server you’re testing. If no connection issue is found in the first 5 minutes, restart the test.
- When a connection error occurs, play for at least 5 more minutes, then click Stop in WinMTR.
- Click “Export Text” and save the .txt file to your desktop. Name this file WinMTR.
- Reply to your ticket and attach the text file with your results to your reply.